Author Topic: How much nicotine is in DIP?  (Read 80226 times)

Offline BigDipper7940

• Posts Pending
Re: How much nicotine is in DIP?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 06:25:41 PM »
On SMpost somebody did a chart with the data that used to be posted on USSTC site. I think the highest was actually Cope Whiskey Blend (significantly higher than the other blends and flavors), but that was just out of the USSTC dips. I personally think Grizzly is stronger than Cope, Grizzly always feels strong to me and I have been dipping for a couple years now. But since Grizz does not release nicotine stats there is no way to prove this.

It's funny you mention this Tregs... I was the one that made that chart, and when I saw the title of this thread, I found myself thinking "I wish I still had that chart". Damn shame that it's nowhere around anymore. I spent two or three hours on the damned thing. But, as I learned from the chart I made, there are two types of nic. Free, and bound. Free nicotine is what is released into the bloodstream, while bound nicotine could be looked at basically as "potential nicotine" which doesn't really serve a purpose (at least as far as I could tell). I believe one of the Skoals was highest in bound nicotine, while either Copenhagen Snuff, or Whiskey Blend had the highest free nicotine. Surface area also needs to be taken into account. Fine Cut and Snuff allow more of the tobacco to touch the surface of the gums, therefore releasing more nicotine. So, I guess what I'm trying to get at here is, Copenhagen is the strongest brand, but there are still a whole lot of variables which come into play.

EDIT: LET'S GOOOOOO! I still have some of the information stored deeeeeeeep down within my hard drive. This is nowhere near as organized as the chart I posted on SMpost, but here it is.

Cope Smooth Hickory-2.515
Cope Straight-3.641
Cope Whiskey Blend-4.474
Copenhagen LC-1.921
Copenhagen Snuff-1.720
Husky FC Natural-2.893
Husky FC Wintergreen-1.400
Husky LC Mint-3.208
Husky LC Natural-2.130
Husky LC Straight-3.085
Husky LC Wintergreen-2.943
Red Seal FC Natural-1.219
Red Seal FC Wintergreen-1.276
Red Seal LC Mint-1.264
Red Seal LC Natural-1.870
Red Seal LC Straight-1.389
Red Seal LC Wintergreen-1.125
Rooster LC Mint-2.597
Rooster LC Wintergreen-2.157
Skoal Edge-2.653
Skoal FC Straight-1.361
Skoal FC Wintergreen-1.246
Skoal Key-1.277
Skoal LC Apple Blend-1.370
Skoal LC Berry Blend-0.597
Skoal Long Cut Cherry-0.891
Skoal Long Cut Citrus Blend-1.119
Skoal Long Cut Classic-1.571
Skoal Long Cut Mint-1.383
Skoal Long Cut Peach Blend-1.162
Skoal Long Cut Spearmint-1.380
Skoal Long Cut Straight-1.390
Skoal Long Cut Vanilla Blend-1.045
Skoal Long Cut Wintergreen-1.198

The numbers above represent the amount of free nicotine in each brand by mg(nic)/gram(tobacco).

Cope Smooth Hickory-8.54
Cope Straight-7.09
Cope Whiskey Blend-6.38
Copenhagen LC-9.87
Copenhagen Snuff-10
Husky FC Natural-8.91
Husky FC Mint-10.93
Husky LC Mint-7.24
Husky LC Natural-10.02
Husky LC Straight-7.27
Husky LC Wintergreen-7.99
Red Seal FC Natural-10.84
Red Seal FC Wintergreen-10.83
Red Seal LC Mint-11.41
Red Seal LC Natural-10.32
Red Seal LC Straight-11.35
Red Seal LC Wintergreen-11.68
Rooster LC Mint-8.39
Rooster LC Wintergreen-8.93
Skoal Edge-7.22
Skoal FC Straight-11.06
Skoal FC Wintergreen-11.03
Skoal Key-11.37
Skoal LC Apple-10.02
Skoal LC Berry-11.73
Skoal LC Cherry-11.74
Skoal LC Citrus-10.12
Skoal LC Classic-11.26
Skoal LC Mint-11.24
Skoal LC Peach-10.27
Skoal LC Spearmint-11.3
Skoal LC Straight-11.28
Skoal LC Vanilla-10.21
Skoal LC Wintergreen-11.46

The numbers above represent the amount of "bound" nicotine in brands of dip in the same format as above, mg/g. Hope this helps everyone out. And if anyone would like me to take the time to better organize the data so that it could be stickied, just let me know, and I'll get right on it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 06:30:32 PM by BigDipper7940 »

Offline Pirtek04

• Post Newbie
  • a dingo stole my baby
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 06:44:06 PM »
Nice work
Tobacco whore at large

Offline BigDipper7940

• Posts Pending
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 06:49:28 PM »
Why, thank you. I remember spending quite a bit of time on the actual chart itself, and figured that it could come in handy in "What's the strongest dip!?!?!" type situations. Since Cope is no longer around (Cope, not Copenhagen) I think I may go out and grab myself some Husky Mint in an hour or two. I'm hankerin' for some nicotine.

Offline mediumdipper

• Posts Pending
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 01:14:46 PM »
@ Bigdipper thanks for the work and info BigDipper... I've seen a few tables with alot of info, unfortunetly, they dont always seem to match up.  I've seen husky for example @ 16 % unprotonated nicotine and total free nic @ 2.3,, skoal at 25 % free with total at 2.9.  I've seen timberwolf @ 16 mg/g as well as longhorn-- BUT received an email from Pinkerton telling me total nicotine was 14-15.. I'm including 2 charts I've come across ::  www.monographs.iarc.fr/ENG/Monographs/vol89/mono89-6A.pdf  (page 67)  and
http://oralcancerfoundation.org/tobacco/pdf/Smokeless-Richter-et-al.pdf  (towards bottom)  The email I received from pinkerton told me the lowest straight they have is redman long cut straight @ 14 mg/g (no mention of ph level, or free nicotine)  their other brands however (timberwolf and longhorn) are a quite high accoriding to the fist chart--BUT this is an old chart, and I constantly find contradictions to most of my research.  I haven't seen (not saying your info isn't accurate) Husky lC straight listed that high.  I've writted the FDA (tobacco division) asking for "at least" the mandated curring processes companies are using (this whole FDA thing and the FDASTP or whatever) is supposed to be FOR the consumer !! (it's not FDASTP- I can't remember off hand what it actually is- but you can go to the FDA site and find it under tobacco division) I figure- if we could at least know the curring process- it MAY help a bit in determing what the Ph MIGHT be, free nic- moisture TSNA's etc...I dont know why it's so hard-- to me it's no different than asking how many calories are in my Big Mac-- you make it,, you should provide this info !!! GEEZ, the more I look the more bothersome it becomes

Offline copestraightnpowerstrokes

• Posts Pending
How much nicotine is in DIP?
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 10:46:08 PM »
Yea Grizzly Red Seal and Cope have a lot of nicotine. Skoal is for pussies

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal